Bored with your current cooking pastes or condiments? Try one from the Chilli Factory Range!
Awards won by Kangaroo Punch:
3rd Prize Bronze Award: Sydney Royal Fine Food Show - September 2007
1st Prize Best Salsa Tomato: Australian Fiery Food Awards - August 2004
Below are two recipes but you can also find heaps of recipes on The Chilli Factory website: www.thechillifactory.com/recipes
Spicy Brochette with shredded Chicken and Chilli Capsicum Salsa
• 4 tablespoons of Kangaroo Punch (Medium Chilli Capsicum (Paprika) Salsa)
• 8 thick slices wood fired bread
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon chopped chilli
• 1 cup shredded barbecue chicken
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• Snow pea sprouts
1. Toast bread.
2. Combine Olive oil, chopped garlic and chopped chilli. Brush this on Toast.
3. Combine all ingredients except sprouts and Chilli Capsicum Salsa. Pile onto Toast.
4. Top with sprouts and Chilli Capsicum Salsa
Chilli Beef With Cashews
• 3 tablespoons of Kangaroo Punch (Medium Chilli Capsicum (Paprika) Salsa)
• 60 ml peanut oil
• 600 gr rump steak, thinly sliced
• 1 onion, cut into wedges
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 60 ml beef stock
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon bean sauce
• 1 red capsicum, julienned
• 200 gr snow peas
• 80 gr unsalted cashews
1 Heat a wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Add the beef and stir-fry for 4 minutes and remove.
2 Add the remaining oil to the wok and onion stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and fry for another minute
3 Add the stock, soy, oyster and the bean sauce and the Kangaroo Punch
4 Now add the capsicum and the snow peas and place the beef back into the wok stir well for another 4 minutes and add the cashews, serve with rice.